Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 ...

January

I was 5 months pregnant and teaching! The boys' fluid levels were just starting to be a worry. I felt great and was enjoying the 2nd trimester! Dr's appointments every 10 days! Extra protein and water in my diet!



February

I was 6 months pregnant and still teaching! The boys were doing great, and we were thinking positive! I was still eating extra protein and drinking lots of water! Still going to the Dr every 10 days! I had my baby showers and my first stay in the hospital! I was released after 4 days! We were unsure of how severe the complications with my cervix were going to be on the pregnancy! Brandon had the Flu for the first time and I had to move out of the house for a week! He also celebrated his 25th Birthday!




March

WOW! I was no longer teaching, and put on bedrest at 7 months pregnant. I was admitted to the hospital for the long haul! I spent all of March in the hospital. Woman's Hospital of Texas became our home. We watched a LOT of the episodes of CSI and 24! We watched multiple seasons! We had ultrasounds weekly. The boys were growing well! I missed my nephew's 1st Birthday since I was in the hospital :(



April

I spent 28 days in the hospital this month. The beginning was spent watching lots of TV! Teen Mom, One Born Every Minute, Army Wives, Coming Home, CSI, and 24! We realized the carseats would not fit in Brandon's truck! He purchased a 2012 4 door Chevrolet truck! My beautiful twin boys made their debut at 35 weeks pregnant on Easter, the 24th! Our life was forever changed and we were in love with Drake and Hunter! We spent the last days of April in the NICU with our boys! I was released on the 28th, and going home was strange! I had not seen my home since February 28th! I had never seen all the baby gear put together, and it was overwhelming finally seeing it when no babies were being brought home! I would pump every 3 hours, and spend as much time as possible in the NICU! I would spend typically 10 hours a day with the boys!






May

My mom drove me to the NICU daily around noon. She would stay until 4 when Brandon arrived. My boys got to come HOME on the 4th! We were so ecstatic to bring these bundles of joy into our home! Brandon took 2.5 weeks off work to stay with the boys and I! This was a very sleepless month for me! The boys were eating every 3 hours, so they typically slept for 2 hours at a time.



June

Our boys were a month old and still eating every 3 hours! I was still not sleeping! By this point, I was asking for a night of sleep here and there. Brandon's mom would keep the boys so I could get a night of sleep. I was in my best friend Lindsey's wedding :)




July

The boys started sleeping 4 hours between feeds at 2-3 months! This made a huge difference in my sleep! I was so excited! They began sleeping in their cribs! They were much more alert and showing their personalities! I was in my best friend Cirby's wedding :)





August

I returned back to teaching 8th grade math! The boys began cereal in their nighttime bottle and sleeping 12 hours at night! It was AMAZING! My mom watched the boys while I was at work. They started to enjoy their activity mats!




September

I felt better about being away from the boys 10 hours a day! We were getting a set schedule and it was working well. The boys started eating cereal with a spoon! Their hair was really starting to grow!





October

Their first Halloween and their 6 month shots!! Drake is scared of the dark in the car! They really begin to giggle! Their hair stands up because it has grown so much! They begin to roll back and forth! Drake loves to bounce in the jumperoo!




November

Their first Thanksgiving! My daddy moves to California for work and is away from us for the first time in our lives. He will be gone for approximately 10 months! He can come home every 8 weeks for four days! They learn to sit up on their own! I have a week off with the boys and they are teething the entire time!



December

We had the boys first Christmas and their teeth finally appeared! They take a trip to Fredericksburg! They get on their knee's and rock! Hunter learned to bounce in his jumperoo! I was off 2 weeks with the boys! They had their first really bad cold and Hunter had a double ear infection! They went through a no sleeping period! I purchased a 2012 GMC Acadia that will be the perfect family car for us as our family expands in the future!





2011




This has been an unbelievable year! I know it will always be one of the most memorable years of our lives! I look forward to many more years that are as eventful and special as 2011 has been for our family ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment