Saturday, November 30, 2013

Drake and Hunter 2.5 years old ❤️

The boys are growing so quickly! They are more little boys and less toddlers lately. They have a full vocabulary. They speak very clearly, and are rarely misunderstood.


Hunter is still stubborn and independent. He is so incredibly sweet though! He loves to say "I love you" and says it often. I think it is because of how often he hears us say I love you that he has picked it up as a habit. I love it ❤️ He has perfected his pout and crosses his arms when upset. 

Drake is still a major Momma's boy. He sits with me a lot. Asks to be held very often. "I want to hold you" is how he asks to be held. He gives the best puckered up kisses! A perfect pucker and just recently started holding my face when he kisses. He is incredibly loving to everyone. He adores Luke and plays with him often. He now says I love you as often and Hunt.

The twins share incredibly well. Hunt does have an issue with wanting whatever Drake is playing with. He at times cries until Drake gives it up and then he is fine. Other times, they share with absolutely no issue. 


They were Mickey Mouse for their 3rd Halloween this year! I asked them what they wanted to be and that is what they picked!

They are in a major Caillou stage. They LOVE this show so much. We watch it several times a day. We do not watch Barney often anymore. We still watch Mickey Mouse and they love it. They ask for Caillou more often though, I remind them we need to watch Mickey for Luke. They do not mind. They also watch Jake and the Neverland Pirates, Chuggington, a recent Sesame Street stage (really only Elmo).


Drake had a scary event in his life this month. They had been eating the small bags of m&m's and skittles from Halloween. There were no more in our candy, so I gave Drake a chewy candy the size of a quarter. He did not chew it and swallowed it whole, well tried. He choked. Literally. Tears, no noise, choked. Hunt was screaming at the top of his lungs "Drake! Drake!" I flipped him over and hit his back several times, then stuck my finger in his mouth and pulled the candy out. Hunt threw his candy on the counter. He was petrified. Drake was crying, Hunt was hysterical. Luke was crawling on the floor. I was crying, holding the twins trying to calm them down. Hunter took longer to calm down than Drake. It was traumatizing. He kept asking "Drake okay?" Drake would say "I choked!" 


Drake choked again a week later at a birthday party after he put several chicken nuggets in his mouth! I pulled them out of his mouth, and Hunter kept saying "Drake is ok." Drake was in tears, but not crying badly. He was scared. 


They often ask to sleep on the floor or in each other's bed. 


Sometimes naps are issues because they talk the entire time. 


Some quotes ... 


"Mommy you saved me" 


"I love you ... So much"


"I need my oculars"


"It's in the fridgafrater"


"maybe later" 


"I save the day"


"You are my bestfriend" 


"I want popplesauce" - Hunt


"I want to hold you"


"Santa" for Drake 

"Claus Claus" for Hunt

"I Wove You"


"I don't like chocolate in my waffles!" - Drake


"I want my deer blanket" 


"I want Caillou"


"____ not being nice"


"You're mean ____"


"Be nice _____"


"I want Mickey Mouse"


"I want toast" --any waffle, french toast sticks, etc for breakfast.


Every single bath they wipe their eyes with a wash cloth after you put water over their head. They hand it to each other while I pour the water!


They love to sleep together !!


They are in an Elmo and Cookie Monster phase ! They don't like the show that much, but love the characters! They call is Elmo Street!


Hunt especially loves to line any objects up and call it a train! 


They love to play catch!



Drake plays and wrestles with Luke often!  He shares really well with him. 


Hunt loves to get in Luke's crawl around car and fake drive! He will drive around stuffed animals.


They love bath time and writing with bath crayons! 


They both call me momma or mommy !


Brandon is daddy!


Luke is sometimes called Lukey by the twins, which I dislike. We are working on breaking this habit!



They absolutely love books! They read ALL the time! 


Drake refers to Hunter as Hunt often. This is because I often call him Hunt!


Drake is going through a picky eating stage! 


They do not like chocolate milk! 


They love sweets, applesauce, fruit snacks, oatmeal, yogurt, chicken nuggets, French fries, burgers, spaghetti, lasagna, bread, veggies, and chips to name a few 😜


They are not able to drink juice, so I use the flavor enhancers to spray in their water to give it flavor. 


They are very attached to their "deer blanket" from their crib bedding set! They did not become attached until they were a year old, but this blanket has magical powers! If they are hurt, upset, or tired they ask for their "deer blanket" This blanket can solve any problem! I bought them a Mickey Mouse blanket thinking they would move on to a different blanket, they absolutely did NOT work! 


They also sleep with their Barney pillow pet every night!



They must be dressed the same at ALL times! They throw a fit if they do not have the exact same outfit on! Hunt throws more of a fit than Drake.

They freak if they don't have a shirt on which makes me laugh since they were diaper babies for 18 months! 


They ask to have their pants, socks, and shoes taken off while at home. They are typically running around in a shirt and underwear. I think they should be comfortable while at home so it does not bother me at all. 


They do great wearing hats!


Their biggest fights are when one twin wants the other to play a certain game or with a certain toy and the other twin does not want to play at that moment.


We read a Jake and the Neverland Pirates book. One of the characters is "Smee" Hunter was firs told this name by Brandon. He thinks Brandon is saying this character is "me" So if you ask Hunt to say the characters name he says it is Daddy! We have gone over it no less than a hundred times and he does not realize we are saying Smee! 


When they sing "Jake and meeeeee" from the theme song of Jake and the Neverland Pirates it is precious!


Hunt's hemangioma on his butt is almost completely flesh colored!

Drake's is on his shoulder blade and doesn't seem to be going away nearly as quick. This surprises me since it is so much smaller.


They call their butt their "booty butt" 


They have become much more independent lately! They get themselves out of the car, and will tell me "Don't help me mommy, I can do it" 



They go to bed between 7 and 8 and sleep 12 hours. They still take a 2 hour nap around noon.


Drake was up until 10 the other night so he was overtired and emotional. I was rubbing his head and telling him "mommy is here, you are okay." He was almost asleep when he said "Mommy" I said ya baby, "I love you" I immediately had tears rolling down my cheeks. I feel that he truly understand what love is and the appropriate times to say it. I will never forget that night as long as I live.

These boys are such a blessing. I wish more people could experience how truly amazing they are to watch. Identical twins are fascinating, and I am loving every minute of raising my sweet boys. 
 








No comments:

Post a Comment