Sunday, June 16, 2013

Luke { 3 months }

My baby boy is 3 months old. It hardly seems like he has been in our lives for that long. I feel like time is moving even faster than with the twins. 

He is 14 lbs 4 oz.

Luke is exclusively breastfed. We made it 3 months! YAY! I am so proud and excited. It has been such an amazing bond, and easier than I imagined. He eats every 3 hours during the day. Has a 6/7 hour stretch at night. 

I pump every night around 11 pm to start saving milk for when I have trainings this summer or if he spends the night at Meme and PawPaw's. 

He now uses the NUK bottles. He would take the Dr. Brown's bottles, but it was taking him a while to drink it. He eats much faster with the NUK. 

He wears size 2 Pampers Swaddlers.

He is in size 3 months and 3-6 months outfits.

He lost most of his hair and in came in much lighter. It is blonde like the twins. 

Luke  still loves his swing,

He loves his activity mat so much. He will lay on it for an hour in the morning, an hour in the afternoon, and an hour in the evening. 

He sits in his rock and play while the twins watch Mickey Mouse sometimes. I am sure he likes the bright colors.

Luke loves his mobile in his crib. 

The older he gets the more he looks like me. He definitely looks much more like me than the twins ever did. When he was born the first thing I said when they handed him to me was "Look at those lips!" My dad noticed his lips this weekend and pointed out he has Kelly lips. He has my nose and eyes. Brandon's chin. Chubby legs and a big ole' belly that I LOVE!

He is very smiley when he is on his changing table.

We started sitting him in the bumbo this month. 

He still does tummy time much happier than the twins at this age. 

He started to giggle this month.

He smiles and talks all the time.

Luke has gas ALL the time. The good thing is he is able to work it out on his own for the most part. We do use gas drops sometimes. 

He is entertained by the twins. They talk and play with him often.

He goes to bed between 8 and 9. He sleeps until 3 or 4 am. So, we still get up once a night. Randomly he will get up 2 times a night, but not often. He eats for 10 minutes and goes right back to sleep. He sleeps with a white noise machine on in his room. This helps him sleep and helps keep the twins asleep when he wakes in the middle of the night.

We are still swaddling. I have started swaddling one arm, leaving his left arm out. That is the hand he likes to chew on. So, hopefully we will be transitioning to no swaddle soon. As for now, he falls asleep easier and sleeps longer swaddled. 

He does not like laying in his boppy. He wants to pull forward to try and sit up, so he gets aggravated and wants out.

His favorite toy is an Eric Carle toy that crinkles, rattles, etc. 

Luke is a very laid back baby. He cries when he is hungry, over tired, or gas pains. 

He loves to sleep in his rock and play. 

He took a bath with his brothers this month. He smiles and coos at the boys in the bath.

We took all 3 boys out to the Tanger Outlets. It went well for the most part. Drake wanted to assert his independence and ran off a couple times. Luke was great, only getting fussy at the end. It was quite an adventure with 3 kiddos two and under. 

He spent the night with Meme and PawPaw. This was his first time away from me for longer than a couple hours. He did fantastic! I pumped him milk, but was not really sure how much he eats since I do breastfeed. When he has had random bottles he has eaten 3 ounces, so that is what we put in the bottles at first. Then we put 4, then 5. He finished the 5 ounce bottle! He woke up twice during the night which is not typical, but it was a new place. 

He loves bath time now, and uses the Summer Infant Deluxe Baby Bather from Target. I did not use bath tubs with the twins, I used the same type as what I use with Luke. 







No comments:

Post a Comment