Monday, March 25, 2013

Luke's First Week Home

Luke had his bilirubin levels checked the morning we were being discharged. His level was an 8.2, with above 9 being a concern. So, the next morning we had to take him to the pediatrician to have them checked again. His levels were fine the next morning.

The first 2 to 3 days the twins did not seem to notice Luke all that often. They went about their day as normal. When they would run by the swing, if he was sleeping they would say "shhhh." 

After the weekend, Brandon went back to work and it was just me and the boys. The twins did AMAZING. The only time I had to really explain to them they had to have patience was when I was nursing. Drake had a harder time with this than Hunter did, but Drake is also more of a momma's boy. Luke likes his swing which helps tremendously! I am able to play with the twins and spend time with them while he swings.

After the first couple days home the twins really warmed up to Luke. He is the second thing they ask about in the morning, because they have to ask about daddy first! ;)

They look for him and figure out where he is in the house. They ask to hold him, and stop and talk to him often. They bring him toys to share, and love to give him balls especially. They are getting much better at pronouncing Luke, rather than Kuke.

Luke has fit right into our lives perfectly. He is a happy baby, and very laid back. He only cries when he is hungry. He loves his SnugaBunny swing, and his Rock n Play Sleeper. He sleeps in the Rock n Play at night by my bed. I was not able to have the twins in the room with us because they were very LOUD sleepers. They grunted ALL night. Luke is very quiet, and I am able to sleep with him right by my side of the bed.

My big worry with breastfeeding was if he wanted to nurse constantly, but that has not been an issue. He eats every 3 to 4 hours during the day. He typically has anywhere from a 4 to 6 hour stretch at night. He nurses for around 15 to 20 minutes. He burps after every feed.

He is wearing Newborn size Pampers Swaddlers.

He is wearing Newborn size clothes.

He had an EXPLOSION in his diaper when he was 4 days old. Thank goodness I had him wrapped in a blanket while he was in the swing. I never experienced this with the twins, so he was breaking me in. He has also peed on my several times, which never happened with the twins.

The twins like to stand at the bath tub while Luke gets his sponge bath. He has had 3 since we have been home. Two of them due to randomly spitting up one afternoon. He had never spit up before, but he projectile spit up after 2 feeds. I had fish for the first time since nursing the night before, so I am unsure if the 2 are related. I plan to steer clear of seafood just in case. I don't like it all that much anyways :)

He lost his cord at 10 days old.

He is starting to peel on his hands and feet. His ankle is especially peeling from one of the hospital anklets being ridiculously tight. As soon as I realized how tight it was I cut it off, but not soon enough.

Just before his first bath!


Mommy and Drake reading !

Hunter and Daddy talking!

Luke getting some sunlight when we were concerned about his bilirubin levels!

Luke's first bath at home!

Proud brother Drake!

Sweet brothers ! My three boys :)

Drake figured out his toy from Aunt Kitty !

Drake and Luke

Hunter and Luke

Drake is proud of his puzzle!

Hunter and Luke

Drake being a ham!

Hunter watching Luke!

No comments:

Post a Comment